Home             About             Coupons             Discounts             Sales             Deals             Freebies            

Friday, June 4, 2010

The Almighty Library Card

Been to the library lately? For those who don’t have kids I will repeat my question…been to the library lately? I’m amazed at how much money I used to spend on buying books for trips or just general reading. Then when you’re done, they get passed on to a friend or Goodwill. Literally, money you will never see again.

Last night I took the kids for our monthly library visit and came home with 15 children’s books, two kid’s DVDs and my next read “Flipping Out”. It’s thrilling to see your kids get excited about new books.

I realize a lot of you have gone all Kindle on me, but even e-books cost money. Most libraries have great online tools for reserving/holding materials to really maximize your time. Planning a road trip? Don’t forget about their DVDs, books on CD, etc. And of course, it's FREE!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Deanne,

    Re the library: Amen! When we lived in Downtown Bellevue, it was SO easy to use the hold system to read the books I wanted FOR FREE!!

    I must admit, when we moved to Downtown Seattle I was told that holds are not allowed :( So I must go back soon & try again, and not let the Madison Street architectural behemoth scare me off!

    xoxox -Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy,
    You should be able to go online and reserve your item. Designate which library and then they will email you when it arrives (or is ready) and only hold for a few days I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the library too! I went there for the kids and my school project just this week. I noticed some recent DVDs that I wouldn't mind checking out. Free? Love it!

    ReplyDelete